Hi!

Welcome to my blog! If you found my site by following a link then you're probably a scrapper or paper crafter, so hopefully you'll find something that interests you here! I've been paper scrapping for almost 6 years and digi scrapping since the beginning of 2007. I started designing digi scrap kits in April 2007 and opened my online store shortly after that. I am totally hooked on digi scrapping!!!
My other main hobby is card making, which has taken a back seat to scrapping lately!
On this site you'll find news of my latest creations, new layouts by myself and my Creative Team, general chat and - of course - lots of Freebies!
Please feel free to grab some freebies, browse my store and don't forget to leave a comment! Thanks for stopping by!




Tuesday, July 29, 2008

New Kit, Freebie and Me..Up Close & Personal With Brooks & Dunn!!


Well I did it....I met Brooks & Dunn! The concert was last Thursday at the Wharf, Orange Beach (Alabama). I was so excited to learn that I'd won a "Meet & Greet" backstage pass and could hardly wait for the big day to arrive! Unfortunately I only won one pass...and hubby would have had to fight me for it...luckily he was more than happy for me to go meet the boys. First of all, let me tell you that it was HOT and VERY HUMID that night...whch explains my very bad hair in the photos!! The Meet & Greet was not quite what I'd imagined it would be....I was thinking that there would be about twenty fans getting a few minutes each to chat with B&D. Not the case....there were about 100 of us crowded into a small room backstage and when Kix and Ronnie came in we were all allowed to take photos until it was our turn to go meet them. With that amount of fans for them to meet it would have been impossiblt to chat to everyone, let alone give autographs...so it was just a quick "Hi, how are you?"....shake of the hands, smile for the camera and ..."Next!! Move along please!!"

The Meet and Greet was actually more of a Greet than a Meet! However, even though it wasn't quite what I thought it was going to be it was still a thrill to meet them and have the photos taken.

The concert was absolutely BRILLIANT!!! More than surpassed my expectations and I would urge anyone who lives near a venue B&D are playing at to go see them! Best song of the night for me was "Believe"....wow, Ronnie can sure belt it out and I was standing not 10 feet away from him!

Here's a layout I made today from some of the photos.....

Now for the plug for my latest kit! The kit is called Indian Summer (thanks Clara Sue!) and I used it in the Brooks & Dunn layout above. It's kind of grungy and as you can see...colors are rust and shades of green. There are 10 heavily textured/grunged papers and 36 very cool elements in it, including shabby flowers, torn cardboard bits, curled ribbons, frames, tags, etc. Go check it out in my store...and get it for only $3.00 now!

Here's another layout I made using a freebie QP from the new kit...you can get the freebie here....it includes a QP, gold page title and a tag.


I mentioned in my last post that I am now on the design team at Crafy Scraps and I wanted to mention something special here about a very special lady. Her name is Jazzy and she is having the worst year you can imagine...the sudden death of her 39 year old daughter, health problems of her own and just a couple of weeks ago her beloved special grandson, Andrew, passed away in her arms...aged only 16. The scrapping community are trying to raise funds for Jazzy to help her out and show her how much we care. While you're browsing through the store at Crafty Scraps will you please click on the Charity section and buy a kit? All proceeds will go to Jazzy. I hope you can find it in your heart to spend a couple of dollars for such a good cause.

I have some CT and customer layouts to post this week...hopefully I'll get them uploaded tomorrow...and who knows - there may be another freebie!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 30 Jul [LA 12:00am, NY 02:00am, UK 07:00am, OZ 05:00pm]).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...please leave a comment before you go!