Hi!

Welcome to my blog! If you found my site by following a link then you're probably a scrapper or paper crafter, so hopefully you'll find something that interests you here! I've been paper scrapping for almost 6 years and digi scrapping since the beginning of 2007. I started designing digi scrap kits in April 2007 and opened my online store shortly after that. I am totally hooked on digi scrapping!!!
My other main hobby is card making, which has taken a back seat to scrapping lately!
On this site you'll find news of my latest creations, new layouts by myself and my Creative Team, general chat and - of course - lots of Freebies!
Please feel free to grab some freebies, browse my store and don't forget to leave a comment! Thanks for stopping by!




Saturday, July 21, 2007

Stripes 'n' Stuff MEGA Kit Now In Store!



I guess it's pretty obvious from the title of this post what I'm going to write about today! Yep...Stripes 'n' Stuff is now in my store ! I finished the alpha this morning and did a few little "tweaks" to a couple of the elements then got it all zipped and ready to go! I hope you downloaded the freebie sampler so you could get a feel for this kit...it really is gorgeous (even if I do say so myself!) The colors are very rich and were inspired by another kit I made...more on that in a moment.
This new mega kit will be on special offer until next Sunday (July 29th)...at the low price of just $5.50!!!! If you mention that you saw the kit here I'll refund you (through Paypal) a further 25%...but only for one week! Now, this is a BIG kit.....here's what's included...
9 papers
2 overlays
6 frames
6 tags
4 mats
3 flowers
6 brads
6 ribbons
6 safety pins (3 plain, 3 beaded)
3 ric racs
3 clips
3 torn paper edgers
9 buttons (round, square and triangular)
4 photo corners
and last, but not least.....
1 full alpha (uppercase, lower case, numbers and symbols)
Phew!!!
Now.....as I said, I was inspired to make this kit because of the colors. If you are a Scrapbookflair member you will know the name Doodlebug (aka Carol). Well, Carol started a website to promote new digi scrapping designers, including herself. She put a huge amount of time and effort into setting up the website...and continues to keep it updated with new freebies from all the designers. Anyway, we designers thought a nice way to say "thank you Carol" would be to collaborate on a kit just for her called "To Carol With Love". The colors were chosen, each designer was sent a swatch and asked to make 3 backgrounds and 7 elements. Yesterday Carol received her surprise and was absolutely delighted! I just loved the colors we used and couldn't stop using them...hence Stripes 'n' Stuff was created! You can check out Carol's site HERE.
Carols partner on the site is Judy (jdeaver) who makes the most wonderful layouts. If you look back at some previous postings here you'll see some of Judy's work....as well as the ones below. I guess everyone has their own style, which is one reason it gives me such a boost to see someone else using my kits in their layouts. Whenever I finish a kit I send it straight to Judy, to see what she comes up with! Here are a couple of her latest creations....both done using my "Just Peachy" kit.
That's about it from me for today...don't forget to get your entries in for my CT callout - you only have until next Sunday!!! See yesterday's post for details!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...please leave a comment before you go!